Saturday, December 13, 2008

Book Meme

I got this Book Meme from Sorrow at Sills Bend’s site. I’ve never done a book meme before, but hey you only live once so I thought I’d give this meme thing a try:

1. What was the last book you bought?
That’s easy. Just came back from a bookstore and bought Nora Roberts’s The Pagan Stone, the final installation for The Sign of Seven Trilogy. Have been waiting for this book for almost six months and finally it arrived in Malaysia. Can’t wait to start reading it!

2. Name a book that you’ve read more than once:
I’ve never read a book more than once. I want to read as many books as I can and I don’t waste time reading a book over and over again, no matter how much I love it.

3. Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?
Quite a few but the latest one is The Last Lecture from Randy Paush. I admire his positive attitude and the way he faces his greatest challenge from cancer. I love his philosophy in life and have adopted it as my own. To quote Randy, he says that “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand”. The book changed my outlook in life.
4. How do you choose a book? E.g. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews?
I’m a sucker for great covers that’s how I got my hands on The Gargoyle. But usually I read reviews on other book review blogs or Amazon and get recommendations from friends.

5. Do you prefer fiction or non- fiction?
I read fiction mostly and some of the non-fiction books that I tend to read are on self-help and motivation.
6. What’s more important in a novel- beautiful writing or gripping plot?
Gripping plot! I don’t get easily annoyed by bad writing cause I wouldn’t be able to tell whether it’s good or bad anyway *lol*.
7. Most loved/memorable character?
Edward Cullen from the Twilight Saga, if only such a man existed...sigh.....

8. Which book or books can be found at your nightstand at the moment?
A Far Country by Daniel Mason. I use to have ten bazillion books by my bed but it got really messy so I've made it a point to keep all my books in my study bedroom instead.

9. What was the last book you read?
Tales of Beedle the Bard from J.K Rowling.
10. Have you ever given up a book halfway?
I’m embarrassed to admit this but YES. I can’t stand books that develop in turtle pace speed. If it makes me yawn, out it goes!

I’m not tagging anyone for this book meme. I’m only doing this because I’m suffering from bloggers block heh heh... Anyway, if you’re interested to participate just list your link or your answers on the comments section below.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails