Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Audiobook: The Little Engine That Could


Written by: Watty Piper
Narrated by: Cassandra Morris
Length: 7 mins

Everyone loves The Little Engine That Could, that classic tale of the determined little engine that, despite its size, triumphantly pulls a train full of toys to the waiting children on the other side of a mountain.

Review:

This was so much fun to listen to with my four year old. He paid full attention to the audiobook from beginning to end and kept saying “mummy, give toy before boys and girls wake up”. I think what he meant to say was “please make sure the toys reach the boys and girls before they wake up”. LOL.

Also, he was laughing hysterically when the little engine started chanting “I think I can, I think I can, I think I can” over and over again. The way the narration was delivered just tickled him silly.

Hats off to Cassandra Morris who also did a great job with the narration, my son was glued to the story from the minute we pressed play.

He loved it so much that we heard it on repeat for like five times.

I think this is his new favourite; added on to his current favourite audiobook list of Three Little Pigs and Goldilocks and the Three Bears which he listens to quite often.

A simple and easy to read book with a great message for any reader whether they are young or old. 

The Little Engine That Could was absolutely an enjoyable experience to listen to with my son.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails