Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dead and Gone

-->

Genre: Science Fiction/Fantasy

The vamps have announced their existence for years and now the weres and shifters have decided to do the same. The revelation seems to go well in Bon Temps in the beginning but turns ugly when a mutilated body of a were-panther is found in the parking lot of Merlott’s. But there are bigger problems to worry about other than the murder of the were-panther; a problem surrounding a powerful and much older existence that is not known to the human world and Sookie of course is right smack in the middle of it.

I have to say that Dead and Gone is by far the BEST Sookie Stackhouse novel that I have read yet, hands down. I read the whole book within less than 24 hours after I purchased it. I think the mystery, the suspense, the overall storyline was revealed at a good pace and I just could NOT put this book down at all.

Warning: *Spoilers ahead*

The war that waged between the fairies was the best part of the book. In my review of From Dead to Worse, I mentioned that the introduction of Niall; a powerful fairy prince who also happens to be Sookie’s great grandfather brought the book to another level altogether. In Dead and Gone, the war among the fairies made the book explosive. I absolutely loved it though I am sad that the Fairies have decided to cut themselves off from the human world in the end. Like every war, there will obviously be casualties and am sad that Claudine (one of my favorite characters in the book) had gone ‘to the Summerlands’.

Since I read the last book, I’ve also been pro-Eric and am so glad that Eric and Sookie are together now, even if Sookie is not sure whether she loves him for real or because she has taken much of his blood. I’m guessing that Quinn is out of the picture for now and Bill would probably be back as a strong contender for Sookie’s affections in the next book especially with Niall’s parting words to Sookie.

Anyway, this was one of the best reads I’ve had this year and I can’t wait to read the next book.

Ps- I’ve finished all the books for the Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge. Yippee!

2 comments:

Lina Shaik said...

I loved the fairy clash too! Awesome stuff. And Claudine was my fave fairy as well *wail*

Anonymous said...

i love this book

Related Posts with Thumbnails