Monday, May 4, 2009

What are you reading on Mondays? - 4 May


It’s Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event held by J.Kaye’s Book Blog.

Last week I only managed to read two titles: The Cellist of Sarajevo and the Gashlycrumb Tinies. Both reviews are not up yet cause I’ve been oh-so-busy with the wedding plans. The Cellist of Sarajevo was a good read but I thought the Gashlycrumb Tinies was a bit morbid.

This week, I’m hoping to do a bit more reading. I’ve started reading Emma for my Themed Reading Challenge and doing good so far. If I manage to finish Emma on time, I’ll try and read Isolation a book which I just purchased at the MPH book sale. 
 
I’ve selected The Gift of Magi by O. Henry for my weekly short story and I’ve also just registered with DailyLit which I think is absolutely cool. My first subscription from Daily Lit starts tomorrow with The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

That's it! Happy reading y’all!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Daily Lit! :)
It's such a great web site - very convenient, especially when I'm at work, haha.

rebeca@alvahsbooks.com said...

I think you need to have a macabre sense of humour to appreciate Edward Gorey. I love his drawings.

The Cellist of Sarajevo looks good. I hope my libary has a copy.

You have good choices for this week.

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

You have some great books listed there! I've been wanting to check out DailyLit too! Enjoy your books!

Unknown said...

Anna- I know! Now I can read in the office and ppl will think I'm just catching up on an email... woohooo!

Rebecca- I have to say his drawings are good. Have you seen the Youtube version?

Lisa- thanks for stopping by!

Nely said...

I read The Gift of the Magi in a book I bought through Amazon for like $1.50 with all of O.Henry's short stories. If you ever get the chance read them all - he is fantastic and he has these twists at the end of each story that are great!

♥ Nely

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I'm an O. Henry fan. Magi is a good story. Enjoy all your reading this week!

Maree said...

Great looking list. I loved Emma.
Happy reading :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails