What’s on Your Nightstand is a monthly event hosted by 5 Minutes for Books.
In my last post for What’s on Your Nightstand I listed out the following books to read:
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
- The Last Secret of the Temple by Paul Sussman
- Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortensen & David Oliver Relin
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
What I managed to read in April were the following books instead:
- Veronika Decides to Die
- Philosophy: A Graphic Guide to the History of Thinking
- The Book of Lost Things
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- Kira- Kira (Review not up yet)
- The Three Incestuous Sisters (Review not up yet)
- The Traveler (Review not up yet)
This month I reckon I’ll need to change this post from What’s on Your Nightstand to What’s on Your Bookshelf. I can’t believe the amount of unread books I have currently on my bookshelf. I keep buying them and just don’t have the time to read them all. It doesn’t help that I jump at any opportunity to visit book sales and end up buying a truckload of books. Half of my second bookshelf in my study room is filled with books that I have yet to read.
Anyway I guess I can never complain that I have nothing to read. This month I’m hoping to read the following books:
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Everything is Illuminated by Joshua Safran Foer
- Isolation by Travis Thrasher
Happy reading everybody!