Friday, May 1, 2009

What's on Your Nightstand- April

What’s on Your Nightstand is a monthly event hosted by 5 Minutes for Books.
 
In my last post for What’s on Your Nightstand I listed out the following books to read:
  1. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
  2. The Last Secret of the Temple by Paul Sussman
  3. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortensen & David Oliver Relin
  4. The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly 

What I managed to read in April were the following books instead:
  1. Veronika Decides to Die
  2. Philosophy: A Graphic Guide to the History of Thinking
  3. The Book of Lost Things
  4. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
  5. Kira- Kira (Review not up yet)
  6. The Three Incestuous Sisters (Review not up yet)
  7. The Traveler (Review not up yet)

This month I reckon I’ll need to change this post from What’s on Your Nightstand to What’s on Your Bookshelf. I can’t believe the amount of unread books I have currently on my bookshelf. I keep buying them and just don’t have the time to read them all. It doesn’t help that I jump at any opportunity to visit book sales and end up buying a truckload of books. Half of my second bookshelf in my study room is filled with books that I have yet to read.
Anyway I guess I can never complain that I have nothing to read. This month I’m hoping to read the following books:
  1. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  2. Emma by Jane Austen
  3. Everything is Illuminated by Joshua Safran Foer
  4. Isolation by Travis Thrasher
Happy reading everybody!

3 comments:

Josette said...

Same here with me. I have tons of unread books sitting and waiting on the shelves. I'd be lying if I said I have nothing to read because I have more than enough to read!

I love the story of Emma though I haven't read the book yet. My favourite Emma movie is the one with Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeremy Northam in it.

Melody said...

Yep, I share the same thoughts! There're just too many books and too little time for us, eh? ;P

jennybek said...

I loved the Book of Lost Things. You have many books on your list that I have been looking at and hem-hawing over.
You mentioned the Book of Air & Shadows. The plot and writing are very good. It has a little more sex than I like, but I'm just skipping over those scenes.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails