Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Finds, 27 March 2009

For Friday Find’s this week, I only have one book to share which I desperately want to own and read. It’s called The Malayan Trilogy which was written by Anthony Burgess . The Malayan Trilogy, also published as The Long Day Wanes: The Malayan Trilogy has three volumes with the following titles:

Time for the Tiger (1956)
The Enemy in the Blacket (1958)
Beds in the East (1959)


I found this book interesting because the storyline is set in post-war Malaya during the chaotic upheaval of independence and something which I hope, will allow me to learn a bit more about my country’s history.

Friday Finds is hosted by Should Be Reading.

2 comments:

avisannschild said...

I hope you manage to get your hands on a copy of this book! Thanks for visiting my blog.

jlshall said...

These sound interesting. I've never read anything by Burgess, but I've got his "Earthly Powers" on my TBR list. Good luck with your reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails