Sunday, March 15, 2009

Earth Hour

“On the 28th March at 8.30pm, cities and towns across the world will switch off their lights for one hour- Earth Hour- sending a powerful global message that it’s possible to take action against global warming.”




I recently signed myself up to participate with Earth Hour on their official website. I’m never one who is overly concerned with the environment but I guess one has to start somewhere to make the world a better place for our future generation.

Anyway, I was glad to hear that KL Tower has taken the pledge to participate with Earth Hour. Hats off to KL Tower for their participation. I’m hoping that KLCC Twin Towers will take part in this initiative as well. Can you imagine the Twin Towers in total darkness? That’ll be cool.
In any case, I’m thinking that maybe I’ll have some fun during that hour. I haven’t decided what I’ll do yet, but my options are:
a. Romantic dinner with my fiancée at home. (Although the menu would either be instant noodles or Mc Donald’s delivery... I CAN’T COOK!)

b. Walk to KL Tower to witness them switching their lights off. (No point driving since I’m pledging to help the environment! Thank God I live ten minutes away from KL Tower)
c. Barbeque with my friends on my apartment garden rooftop so that we can witness the city with the lights off.
What do you think? Will keep you updated on what I plan to do on the 28th. Though I suspect that any pictures I take on the 28th will probably be in total darkness, so not too sure how it will turn out on the blog post! LOL.
To participate with Earth Hour, please visit the official website.


Fingers crossed. Let's hope that KLCC Twin Towers participates in Earth Hour.

BTW, as a personal pledge since I’m participating in Earth Hour: I will not smoke a cigarette for the whole hour. (I know what you're thinking... a whole hour without cigarettes... big WOW there Tasha... but I think if I can manage that while socializing it’s a big step to quitting! Support my cause people!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms Ulat Buku,

I have been following your blog for a week or two now. And I must say I like what you have posted so far. Thank you for entertaining my days.

We are participating in the Earth Hour too (so my Bee just announced). And kudos to you if you manage to go 'smokeless' for a whole hour. I, myself, will not be able to do so.

Good luck!

Unknown said...

Hi Soraya,

Thanks very much for dropping by and thanks for the support. Glad to know that you are supporting Earth Hour too, maybe we can compare notes after the event! :)

Unknown said...

Hi CareforNature... hope that's not your real name :)... thanks for dropping by and will surely check out the site you recommended.

Anonymous said...

India will be participating in the Earth Hour campaign for the first time this year on 28th March 2009 from 8.30pm to 9.30pm.

To support the event in India, sign up at http://www.earthhour.in/registration.aspx

Alternatively, you can check out some cool Earth Hour India related images at http://www.earthhour.in/registration.aspx

I have registered for the program and would advise others to extend their full support to the program which will take place globally.

Unknown said...

Hi Jean, thanks for the heads up though I don't know if anyone from India actually follows my blog. :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails