Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Le Tour De Langkawi 2009

Ok so this post is a bit late, but I thought I’d share a couple of pictures from last month’s Le Tour De Langkawi.

It was one of those Sundays; mum was at my apartment for our weekly catch-up/gossip session. We had the TV on and suddenly realized that there was a live telecast of Le Tour De Langkawi’s stage seven race right smack in the city...

One of the routes closed for the race was Jalan Raja Chulan, which (lucky for me and mum) was almost literally right in front of my doorstep. So mum and I went down to Jalan Raja Chulan to catch the cyclists in action.

I caught some great close up pictures of the race. By the way to any of the cyclists (should you ever stumble upon this blog by chance that is):

If any of you recall a nut in a white t-shirt and blue pants that kept shouting ‘looking good guys’ over and over again every time you guys past Jalan Raja Chulan--- That would be me ...And the lady that kept screaming ‘wooo woooo’ .... Well, believe it or not that was mum...


I’ve seen such events on TV in other countries which are always jam-packed with people on every corner of the street but for this particular event it seemed quite quiet. Anyway, I’m not sure if it was jam-packed with people in Dataran Merdeka but where we were at, the streets were deserted except for a couple of other spectators.

Makes me wonder if the bad response is because Malaysian’s are generally not interested in cycling as a sport or could it be because of the clash of events; apparently the Malaysian Open Golf Tournament was held on the same day.

The streets were deserted except for a few bystanders:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails