Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BBAW: Book Meme

Okay. I know I’m a day late for all the activities so I hope the powers that be at BBAW are forgiving. :) 

The Book Blogger Appreciation Week continues with a fabulous reading meme. Here are my answers to the questions:

Do you snack while you read?
No.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
I don’t write notes but I do use highlighters to indicate quotes that I love so that its easier to refer to once I’m done reading.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
Gawd….No to dog-ears! Bookmarks puhleeeez!

Fiction, non-fiction or both?
Both

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of the chapters, or are you able to put the book down at any time?
Depends on the book.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up straight away?
Nope. Read first, check later.

What are you currently reading?
We need to talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver.

What is the last book you bought?
Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
One book at a time.

Do you have a favourite time of day and/or place to read?
Anytime, preferably in bed or my favourite sofa at home.

Do you prefer series books or standalone books?
Both are ok as long as they are good.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
Neil Gaiman, Stephenie Meyers and Dale Carnegie.

How do you organize your books?
With great difficulty :).

1 comment:

Alice said...

"With great difficulty" is such a good answer! The act of organising my books is still mind-boggling to me at the moment. I have so many (now reaching 1,500 and increasing) and I don't have the space. The thought of organising it makes me go ARRGGGH...

Related Posts with Thumbnails