Monday, September 14, 2009

BBAW: Thank you book bloggers!

It’s been a while since I participated in activities related to blogging since I’ve been so busy trying to balance the wedding preparations and the crazy hours at work. But this week, I am going to dedicate time for BBAW to pay tribute to other book review bloggers who have inspired me to read more than the norm and have taught me so many new things.
Coincidentally, September marks my one year blogiversary… yes it’s been a year! So I think it’s timely to mention a few of the blogs that I love to read since I started:
J. Kaye’s Book Blog: One of the first book review blogs that I stumbled upon is of course J.Kaye’s Book Blog and I found reading her blog to be inspiring. How anyone can read as many books as she does within a week is beyond me which I just find completely amazing.
All About {n}: Nely is one of the first book review bloggers I made friends with when I first started blogging. Her reading selection is almost similar to mine and we’ve exchanged views and thoughts on books we’ve read. Unfortunately, since I haven’t been active with my blog, I haven’t been able to catch up much with not just Nely but also updates from the rest of the book blogging community. I hope to be more active once the wedding frenzy is over in October.

Hello, My Name is Alice and Betty’s Books: The only other Malaysian book review bloggers that I constantly keep in contact with. Alice provides great book reviews and has an eye for photography. As for Betty, we both share a love for music and she reads all sorts of books and has inspired me to read books that I don’t normally read… yes! I blame you for all my new book purchases! LOL!

Beth Fish Reads: I blame Beth for getting me hooked on Sookie!... :) plus I just love the variety of books that she reads and reviews on her blog.

I have so many more blogs that I follow through Google Reader and I wish I could mention them all. Thanks to the book review bloggers community, I now read books other than those that are featured on the best sellers list which would normally be my selection criteria (I use to play it safe and never read anything else other than general fiction... I was so boring!) Anyways, I look forward to reading more from other book reviewers in the future to expand my reading experience and I’m glad to be part of such a diverse community of readers. Peace!

7 comments:

Beth F said...

Awwwww. Thanks sooooo much. I can't believe our blogs are the same age. I really thought you had been around a lot longer than me.

I don't know how you keep up with work, blogging, Twitter, and wedding planning!

Nely said...

A wedding can definitely be a hectic thing so although you are missed, we can definitely understand why you have been staying away.

Although you should keep us posted on your wedding activities.. I love all that stuff and like that we can live vicariously thru you. :D

Smooches
♥Nely

Heather said...

Visiting for BBAW. Thanks for sharing your reviews. I have only read the first Sookie book, but received the rest for my birthday and can't wait to get to them.

Melody said...

I think you're doing great despite your hectic schedules with your wedding preparations and all. :)

Congrats and Happy Blogiversary!

Unknown said...

Beth- I know! How funny is that! Cause I've always thought that you've blogging longer than I have!

Nely- good idea, will try and update on my wedding. Malay weddings are so tedious to begin with anyways and so much different from western ones.

Heather- thanks for dropping by, you guys are doing a great job at BBAW!

Melody- thanks a bunch!

Alice said...

Happy blogiversary, Natasha!

I agree with Nely. If you could keep us updated with your wedding prep, that'd be super!

I'm so happy and glad to know that I made it into your list of favourites. Thank you so much! Having someone close to home (in Malaysia) that appreciates my blog is fantastic. Bless you!

Anonymous said...

{{{HUGS}}}

You are an asset to the book blogging community!

Related Posts with Thumbnails